Five minutes, 20 slides. What would you say? At every Ignite, 16 artists, technologists, thinkers, and personalities take the stage to answer this challenge. Our goal is to spark new conversations and collaborations across cultures and disciplines.
What's It Like?
- See Ignite DC's Flickr photos
- Check out our videos from Ignite DC #1 or subscribe to our iTunes channel
- Read about Elizabeth Evitts Dickinson's experience as a speaker
Ignite was started in Seattle in 2006 by Brady Forrest and Bre Pettis. Since then hundreds of 5-minute talks have been given across the world. There are thriving Ignite communities in Seattle, Portland, Paris, Baltimore and now, right here in DC!
- Read Dave Troy's essay about Ignite and other self-organizing entities
- Check out the worldwide Ignite website
A special thank you to the Ignite Baltimore team for helping to organize, providing a framework for the technology and text, and generally just being awesome people when it came to putting Ignite DC together!